Chix on Dix / Power Strip Update – Bar Rescue – Open or Closed?

Is Power Strip still open?

Status: >> CLOSED <<
(keep reading to learn what happened)

Season: 4 | View All Season 4 Episodes
Original Episode Air Date: December 13, 2015
The Bar's Original Name Was: Chix on Dix
Power Strip Address: 403 S Dix St Detroit, Michigan 48217

Episode Recap

Chix on Dix is a Detroit “Gentleman’s club” that was featured on Season 4 of Bar Rescue. The bar’s original name was a play on the fact that the bar is located on Dix St. in Detroit Michigan.

Jon Taffer isn’t known for rescuing strip clubs, so this one is actually a fairly unique Bar Rescue Episode. In the episode, we learn that the dancers at Chix on Dix are from from sociable and that fact is making the bar lose a substantial $5,000 per month.

Darren, the general manager, is clearly struggling to make ends meet. Dancers drink and sleep on the job and there just generally aren’t many enforced rules at the club.

As part of the makeover, Jon Taffer fired much of the existing crew and renovated the place with new drink systems and poles. He also renamed it to Power Strip.

Power Strip Update - What Happened Next?

After the episode aired, it appears that the Chix on Dix team accepted Jon’s name change. On all of their social profiles, they referred to the club by its new name of Power Strip.

It’s hard to tell whether Jon’s changes actually made patrons happier as not many people review strip clubs on Yelp.

But what I can say is that Power Strip is no longer open. In June, 2016, Power Strip closed its doors for good. The bar was listed for sale with an asking price of $600,000 (eventually dropped to $500,000), which include the liquor license, topless license, land, and all equipment.

It’s unclear whether new ownership has moved in, but what is clear is that Power Strip and Chix on Dix are gone for good.

More Information

What did you think about the Power Strip episode of Bar Rescue? I'd love it if you shared your thoughts on the episode in the comments below!

You can also click the buttons below to share this post!

And don't forget to check out all of the other Bar Rescue updates.

Watch Bar Rescue Episodes at Amazon
Last updated: 2017-05-23 12:51

20 thoughts on “Chix on Dix / Power Strip Update – Bar Rescue – Open or Closed?”

1. The episode was interestingly entertaining. Drunk and sleepy strippers with dismal attitudes. What’s not to fail about that strip club model? But what’s sad, is to know that all the efforts of Bar Rescue were in vain… Loved it when Chuck tipped over the glass shelving. Haha too funny.

2. Good episode, but the fact that the manager brought both employees that were fired for like 100% good reason shows that he wasn’t all that capable of being a manager of a successful business. He wanted to be the nice guy that works with everyone despite the affect it has on the business and that’s a recipe for failure every time!!!

• sorry but u are wrong darren is the worst manger boss if ever had he the biggest asshole you will ever meet ever place he was a manger went under

• That doesn’t surprise me. Just watching him you could tell he was a terrible manager. I’m sure he’s the reason the bar failed despite Jon’s best efforts! He brought back those two loser employees after they were rightfully fired.

• I think you are absolutely right! That manager was totally ineffective! To bring back those two terrible employees was a huge mistake. I’m not surprised that this place failed-despite Jon’s hard work and his experts.

3. What bothered me most about this episode was Darren. He went and re-hired the two people that were causing Chix on Dix to fail—Chuck and “Sweetie,” employees with horrible attitudes! What a pussy! No wonder the place closed down. He’s a terrible manager with no backbone. So disappointing that The Power Strip failed because of Darren.

4. I’ve always figured that a strip club was a license to print money. IF it’s ran correctly. Chuck and Sweetie were both complete morons. I would NEVER let Chuck back in the place after flipping that glass ware. He would have been permanently banned. The tired ugly strippers he brought in were a joke. I think the owner was another idiot. Didn’t want to spend any time around the place. Too cheap to get some decent girls in there. Most of these places the girls pay YOU to dance there and they get tips. I was there in 2015 before the rescue and it was one of the dingiest dives I was ever in. Ugly strippers and anti social servers. It SHOULD have been shut down. Pop it in the head and call it a day. Somebody else will come in and make it better hopefully.

5. Why don’t ppl like Darren, Chuck and nasty ass “Sweetie” understand that they were just on an INTERNATIONAL tv show and the way they portrayed themselves can be seen by ANY potential employer, anywhere in the U.S. and then some?!
    Sweetie probably thought she was “famous” and put it on her resume because she clearly thought she was something she WASN’T and I’m sure that was only intensified when Darren brought her back.
    No one with half a brain who owns a business, would EVER hire her… and same for Darren and Chuck. No smart business owner would give either of them the time of day after that episode!
    They didn’t even care about how incredibly PATHETIC they all looked! Only a DESPERATE man would pay ANY of those girls to dance… and anyone who would disagree with that is INSANE!
    I had to laugh when Sweetie dissed Ranae and referred to her age as being old, because Ranae makes more money in one night, in her sleep, than Sweetie has in her ENTIRE life for sure, lol.
    I would be soooo ashamed and embarrassed I’d I were ANY of the people who were in that episode (I mean the employees&owner from that bar of course)!
    What a shame… I bet there’s a gazillion of us who could have taken that very opportunity and made it super successful! I know I would love to have been the owner of that place after Jon Taffer did his magic! But I guess that’s the difference between a SMART person and………… well…………. ALL of THOSE rejects!
    Now that they’re CLOSED, they won’t be able to burn out the eyeballs of poor, unsuspecting men who happen to stop in to check it out!
    I can only imagine how many poor schmucks felt like there was acid sprayed into their eyes having to look at those girls! They didn’t even have enough self respect to brush their hair for crying out loud! Just NASTY all the way around!
    That one chick wore that SAME damn pink bikini the entire week.
    No make up, nasty hair and don’t even get me started on the rolls hanging out of their “attire”!
    There are sooo many ways a chunky girl can look super sexy… a nasty pink bikini you’ve worn every day for a month with hair you haven’t even brushed in as long and spots&blotches all over your face (and no makeup) is NOT at all attractive!
    Blah! NASTY! NASTY! NASTY!

6. I just got done watching this and decided to look this place up. Im shocked but not shocked the Power Strip is closed

7. They went belly up. Yes they didn’t know how to run it. It showed on the girls they had. No offence. But pretty woman draw more men.

8. As manager and owner of a club i cant even begin to count all the mistakes made here, the only thing done somewhat right was the remodel. Taffer needs to stick with what he knows and it isnt strip clubs. Done right a strip club is a gold mine and if you can make it a successful date destination its a golden egg layimg goose. You should have top qualoty girls beating your door down to pay YOU to dance there. The yeam CLEARLY did not understand how to train the girls to maximize their time and opportunity and they were clueless as to what a club manager SHOULD be doing. This was a fail all around…A show about resuing strip clubs would be a good idea…everything grom the music to the bouncers play a huge part in the clibs (and the dancers success)

9. No strip bar is going to be a success when the dancers are missing teeth. Not to mention Darren is a bouncer not a manager. To rehire that cancer of a dancer…. well doesn’t surprise me the other dancer had teeth missing. Jon brought in quality girls.

10. My home town. Not surprised it’s CLOSED! Ugly, doped up girls that don’t have anything going their way. Sad, really. Could have been a Gold Mine!! BTW.. Sweetie. The 40 year old…. Runs Sapphire…in Vegas. $30 million a year??? This club could have made only 10% of that! That’s $3 million. Dummies!!

11. An area where the median salary is $29,000 a year. I don’t think a blue collar part of town would use their money for strippers.